Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Perception

Strong branding must be an important focus for any business. The brand helps the consumer identify with the company and its product. Large companies pay millions of dollars annually to keep their brands at the front of people's minds.

I think people, in a way, have this same behavior. We are constantly trying to separate ourselves as individuals, after we know our identity, or brand, we then find a group of friends that we can directly identify with. These friends in turn become the consumers of our individual brand. When seeking a partner or spouse we must find someone that identifies with our individual brand and convince them they like this brand so much to live with it the rest of their lives.

Recently we fell into a show on BBC America all about bras and bra sizes and proper bra fit. I was interested in the show because I had noticed my bras weren't fitting right after all the walking I was doing, but never really thought about it enough to do anything about it. Thomas was interested because it was a show about boobs, boobs and boobs being held up by different contraptions, women talking about boobs, and boobs. From that point on Thomas would inspect whatever bra I put on. This one doesn't fit properly in this area, this part seems to be riding high, etc. While out running errands we passed Victoria's Secret, and I inquired if we had time for me to run in and test these newly learned bra theories.

I popped in to the store and Thomas wandered off to the cooking shop nearby. I had the girl measure me and she said I was definitely wearing the wrong size, and here. Try these. Ten minutes later, Thomas returns, we buy a bra and head off for lunch and other errands. We eventually get back home, set the shopping on the table and carry on with our day. I wander to my office to check my email. Suddenly Thomas appears behind me inquiring about what I had bought, and how did it fit, and what size is it? I go fetch the bag, try on the bra.

"Oh," says Thomas. "That looks very nice. It's fitting better here, and this is staying in place." He takes a few steps back. "What size is it?"

"34 D."

"WHAT?! My wife has D cups?"

"They're still the same boobs."

"Yes, but now they're exciting!"

So for $43 my individual brand has just been elevated, in more ways than one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, to say the least ... glad Thomas is so happy with you ... what was he before the shopping spree?

Anonymous said...

I was tired of her, and trying to figure out how to get rid of her without giving up half my house. I considered a "trip" to the desert but decided to just buy a grill large enough for a body instead. Thankfully with the newly reclassified boobs I can just use the grill for a side of beef instead

Sue said...

Every man's dream! A D-Cupper!

My D-Cuppers disappeared when my milk did! hahhhahahaha

Anonymous said...

sure glad Thomas chose to purchase a grill but NOT for a body

He's a SICK pup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...