Monday, March 3, 2008

Be careful of what you ask for

FAMILY ALERT. OLDEST NEPHEW IS SET TO ATTEND A PROM. ALERT. ALL SYSTEMS GO.

Not only does he have his drivers permit, but now he's going to the prom? With a date? What? This is not possible. Alright. Maybe it is possible, but I will never say I like that fact that he is 16, with giant feet and a deep voice. (I am still taller than him though so all is not lost.)

With the tuxedo rented and the plans falling into place, my sister bravely decided to invite 22 high school kids to her home for a pre-prom party. I received a call for help with the invitations. Yay! If I can't be there to take a thousand embarrassing photos of the kids then I will do my best to contribute in other ways, other embarrassing ways.

For the invite's creative direction my sister was thinking "clip art" and "something with a tuxedo theme." I was thinking, "Do I have any of Jen's prom pictures?"

After a quick call to my parents, a couple of scanned photos arrived in my email box.

Prom, Nancy

Prom, Jen and Nancy

My creative direction was falling into place. Last week I picked up some great free dingbat fonts from BittBox.

useful_dingbats_6

The theme of the prom is "Our own constellation." Puke. Gag. Vomit. Regardless, these stars worked out perfectly. I got the rest of the details from my sister, and she unknowingly was supporting my endeavor to make this:

Prom party invite

I hope she likes it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! love it to pieces ... you did a great job

Anonymous said...

Those gorgeous invitations went out today. Aaaahhhh! Before you know it he'll be moving far away and getting married!

Anonymous said...

I am sure Jen is tickled pink,and so was Brad. Scary how quickly the time goes by. m-in-l

Lisa said...

Seriously, didn't we just potty train him?!?!

(P.S. - aren't you proud, I officially have a blog ID!)

Unknown said...

Lisa:

We did. I can't believe it. I remember that clearly. Now he's all old, or maybe it's us that are old. I hope to get a picture of the prom for the blog!

... P.S. - I am proud of you, now you need a blog!!!

Anonymous said...

ouch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...