Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baked Brie with Pears {recipe}

My parents sent me a whole bunch of delicious fresh pears for my upcoming birthday. I absolutely love pears and I'm excited to eat these guys in a few new ways. Last night I made this baked Brie with pears, shallots and thyme as an appetizer and it was delicious! Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again. My parents also sent Thomas a Brie baker for Christmas. My life is complete!

Baked Brie with Pears, Shallots and Thyme
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, chopped
1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1 8 ounce round Brie cheese, cut in half horizontally

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir for 1 minute to soften. Add pear slices; cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in white wine, brown sugar, thyme, salt, and pepper; increase heat to medium-high and simmer until the liquid has evaporated, and the pears have lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.

Place the bottom half of the Brie, cut-side-up, into the Brie baker or small baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the pear mixture. Place the remaining brie half on top, spread with remaining pear mixture.

Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until soft and gooey. Serve with bread or crackers. Yummy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...