Sunday, November 4, 2007

A new foot forward

It's the beginning of November and I think I am motivated to make some change. Tess has been making lots of little strides forward as of the first of the month. She has decided to take a photo of herself everyday for 365 consecutive days (a Flickr thing), and is also taking an hour out of her day to do something therapeutic. It was the later of the two that kick-started my ambition today. Why can't find an hour or even a half-an-hour to take care of myself.

I am not going to diet. I am not going to cut out alcohol. I don't drink Coke anymore, maybe a can a month and for a member of my family that counts and none.

Therefore, best way I know how to take care of myself is by running. I was on the cross country team in high school and really enjoyed it, but I have never run consistently since graduating. I don't have any outrageous goals of a marathon, ala Katie Holmes, but I would like to drop the ten pounds I've put on since my wedding. Well, it's not actually ten extra pounds as much as its healthy muscle rapidly disintegrating into flabby arms and thighs.

I'm not alone in this mission, the three of us are in this together.

Feet

These two fuzzies have to be my motivation, and maybe all of my friends in cyberland do too. You will have to hold me accountable. Please, remind me. Motivate me some more. I need it. Really, you should see these thighs. I will post weekly updates of how many miles I have walked/run in a given week. And, to kill two birds with one stone, I will post this on Sundays, just for Kelly who complains that I don't post everyday. (...complains by calling me a 'slacker' and this has taken its toll on my psyche in such a way that I cannot go on living until I make a post JUST FOR KELLY.)

Here we go:
Week 1
Walking, 2 miles
Running, 1/2 mile

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA to tone up a bit but be rest assured that you have not gained weight by losing muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, I KNOW! Enjoy your new "gym" workout and, do keep us posted.

Tess said...

Ooooh yay!! Sounds like a lot of fun, and it will feel so good!! Maybe I'll start up to, my knees are too wrecked to run right now but I can cycle + elliptical machine my heart out! Hurray!!

Anonymous said...

i appreciate the commitment for a weekend post! it will add interest. now you just have to keep track of the days of the week...

HeadKnitwit said...

You will be lighter before you know it. No running for me, but walking the beach always sounds good.You go girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...